How to Upgrade Sage Fixed Assets Network – Depreciation
Talking to Sage support, you’d think that upgrading Sage Fixed Assets was rocket science. They’ve got so many versions of their software, it can be confusing knowing what to install. Their site’s interface isn’t very helpful either. After going through their convoluted 30 page booklet of instructions for the upgrade, I followed these steps:
- First and foremost, make sure you don’t have any audits open and back up all the files.
- Log into the server where you’ve installed Sage Fixed Assets – Network.
- Go to Sage’s support site and log in.
- Click “Downloads.“
- Click the download for Sage Fixed Assets Network – Depreciation
- Run the installer and follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, go to the workstation where you want to install the Sage Fixed Assets client.
- From there press Windows Key + R and type \\Server Sage is installed on\drive\SFAServ\Network Client\ and press enter.
- Run the setup.exe and follow the prompts.
After that, Sage Fixed Assets will be updated to the latest version. There, that wasn’t too hard was it? If you find that these steps are too difficult or you’re worried that you’ll mess something up and lose data, we’d be happy to do it for you. Just fill out the contact form below and we’ll be happy to give you a quote.